View Single Post
Old 20th November 2008, 01:09 AM   #4
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I don't use Ebay, but I have a colleague who regularly buys and sells.

She always leaves positive feedback, but when you read her comments, sometimes they are positive, sometimes very negative.

I reckon for Ebay users, all they need to do is give positive feedback, but then say it like it really is.

FWIW, If the seller calls it positive in the box they check, but the wording of the feedback is negative, eBay will remove it if the Buyer complains.

In regard to the changing policy of not being able to give negative FB to buyers,

According to eBay, buyers were threatened with negative feedback by sellers if they left negative feedback for the sellers.

Called, "Retaliatory feedback."

This meant that needed and appropriate negative feedback was not being given buyers.

However IF a buyer does not perform -- pay for a won item, for instance -- the seller can file an NPB (Non-Performing Buyer) strike and the buyer can be disciplined.

EBay also has instituted a feedback system for sellers where they are graded on shipping promptness as well as several other categories with one to five stars. This can also negatively affect sellers.

I think that eBay is trying to be more like Amazon in that they are focusing more on "store sellers" than people selling individual, one-of-a-kind items.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote