View Single Post
Old 13th October 2007, 06:59 AM   #14
Mytribalworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajak
Speculations and story s that not can be proven are always difficult because some one gets an wrong idee about something .

You forgot to tell that this is from an weapon collector that give s his collection to the museum not the missionares did collect this weapon.
all marked with this label is from his collection .
this is an important note .

Ben
You made a mistake, the sword is not from the collection of Beijens.
Its indeed collected by the missionares ,also the curator assured me and the tag proves that it comes from the collection of Tilburg.see also the pic of the tag.
The collection of Nijmegen is mainly built up by two large collections 1: the collection of Beiijens 2: the collection of the missionaries of Tilburg.In Tilburg there was a missionmuseum that donated their collection to Nijmegen after closing.
I was suprised finding in the museumcollection so many north Borneo swords
like nyabor and pandat etc. but after a short study I found out that they had a mission post in a village near Smitau.They where quite active just south near the border of Sarawak. Also they made travels to Batang Lupar village

I don't want to speculate , the reader may decide what to believe but sometimes stories also are important and belongs to the facts of a certain object.
Attached Images

Mytribalworld is offline   Reply With Quote