View Single Post
Old 1st February 2014, 02:47 PM   #258
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Dear Prasanna, thank you for these posts. At least something substantial and relevant here.

I absolutely agree that Prasanna has continually presented outstanding and profoundly significant material here. Thank you so much Prasanna.
I think it is important to note that he is Sri Lankan and not only with excellent resources in the location we are trying to learn more on, but rightfully proud of his heritage.

We others that are trying to learn more are using whatever resources we have, and making an honest effort to present and analyze whatever we can to develop our understanding. I know that I have had books strewn about along with many years of notes from earlier researches for days here in this limited space I have. I spent many hours yesterday and the day before going through resources and with difficulties trying to post images etc.
My goal was to illustrate what European sources may have influenced the kastane in its traditional form.

There seems to be a derisive posture toward the efforts of some of us to enter into discussion using the material and data we have available. I would point out that we have done so in good faith, and our intentions have only been to learn more on these intriguing weapons.

How unfortunate that common courtesy cannot prevail without these kinds of comments.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote