View Single Post
Old 26th September 2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Victrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka of Carniola
Hello,
I would highly recommend you visit the National museum of Slovenia. The museum comprises of two separate buildings located within a 25min walk between each. One is located on Muzejska ulica 1 (Museum street 1) and the other on Maistrova ulica 1 (Maistrova street 1). The first one is a much older building built in the 19th century and houses a small collection of medieval messers, longswords, arming swords and other military items of that era.
The second one is a newer building, that houses some late medieval/renaissance swords, a crossbow, a complete set of a Maximilliam harness and lots of fire arms from the renaissance to the 20th century.

Both collections aren't huge but are interesting, because the items found in the Sava river are in a very good state. I hope you will be able to visit and that you enjoy the country.
-Luka
Many thanks for your kind advice, Luka. I plan to visit both buildings if I have time. I’m sure I will enjoy my visit as I only heard positive things about this country. I even think the elegant first wife of the USA was born there.
Victrix is offline   Reply With Quote