View Single Post
Old 8th October 2017, 10:41 AM   #10
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silberschatzimsee
Mayci asky how do you determine its a fake?
Hello,

I've said "when it was sold to you as antique it's a fake". Like said before, I know next to nothing about Indian weapons but I think that I can see what it's old/antique. The spear head in question look very recent to my eyes, no abrasion at the koftgari work, no abrasion at the blued parts and the edges look like sharpened yesterday. Think about, when it would be a 19th century piece, it would be more as 100 years old! And when it would be old like this it would show clearly wear since it wouldn't handled in all this years with gloves like you do it now. And also when it is a presentation piece (what would be likely) it will show wear after all this decades! It's for sure very good artwork, no question, but when sold to you as antique it's done to cheat you and in this case I would call it fake!
Please understand me correct, I don't want to attack you but I think it's better to speak clear words as to tell you that you have bought a great antique item, sorry!
I am sure that all members here have done mistakes by buying items, sometimes very expensive learning lessons and I hope that your lesson wasn't a very expensive one!

Best regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote