View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 06:20 AM   #158
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Originally Posted by kahnjar1 I am somewhat confused in relation to your comment about "islands" in relation to Al Ahsa. As far as I can establish, Al Ahsa is the area of modern day Saudi Arabia against the Omani border, and nowhere near the sea. Maybe my geography is a little astray, but I don't think so......

Bahrayn.

By Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Prepare to have your geography straightened out ~ See the Bellin map of 18th C reknown...below.

It is vital to look carefully at the historical evidence.

This is a huge block of territory not solely the Bahrayn Archipelago but its mainland region. Wikepedia refers...viz;

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia;

Al-Ahsa, sometimes Al-Hasa, El Hasa, or Hadjar (Arabic: الأحساء‎ al-Aḥsāʾ, locally al-Ḥasāʾ; Turkish: Lahsa) is a traditional oasis region in eastern Saudi Arabia whose name is used by the Al-Ahsa Governorate, which makes up much of that country's Eastern Province. The oasis is located about 60 km inland from the Persian Gulf.

Al-Ahsa is part of the region known historically as Al-Bahrayn, which includes the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula down to the borders of Oman, and also includes the island of Awal (modern-day Bahrain).

It therefor transpires that your Al Hasa was in Bahrayn and further that may link it with the Muscat Khanjar style through trade... though I state again that careful study of the weapons from that rather grey area(Al Ahsa) in terms of known research may be required so as to pinpoint any links.
I guess if you want to go back far enough in history, you will find maps which show something entirely different from the modern day. I am talking about Al Ahsa as it is known today and has nothing to do with Bahrain however you wish to spell it. This link should help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ahsa_Governorate
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote