View Single Post
Old 30th November 2011, 11:48 AM   #18
thinreadline

Further to my comments that these were being sold by World Wide Arms at least 15 years ago , I contacted my son and he still had the set I bought for him 15 years ago and he has sent me a picture of the group, which to all intents is the same as the set under discussion. To reiterate , just because they were sold by WWA it does not mean they are fake, as WWA have been responsible for importing some unusual and rare items in the past ( though some of their current stuff is recently made Indian / Chinese copies ) . But it does mean that there are many such sets around .
One of the best things World Wide Arms had on offer which I remember from the early 1980s was a complete set of elephant armour mounted on a wicker 'elephant' in their top floor storeroom next to Weller & Dufty's in Birmingham .It was £10,000 ... how I now wish I had bought it when I realise how much the Royal Armouries paid for theirs ! Though in those days I bought a 3 bed semi for only 2 grand more and my wife oddly enough preferred a house to an armoured elephant ! Ah well .
Attached Images

Last edited by thinreadline; 30th November 2011 at 12:55 PM.