View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 07:36 AM   #159
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
I guess if you want to go back far enough in history, you will find maps which show something entirely different from the modern day. I am talking about Al Ahsa as it is known today and has nothing to do with Bahrain however you wish to spell it. This link should help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ahsa_Governorate

But you do realise/guess that when the map was made ...the one above...that was the period in which these weapons were infused across boundaries and influence was developed...not today! but kindly observe that then Al Ahsa was firmly planted in the region known as Bahrayn.. Thus you must look at the history. It is not exactly pointless to view only the modern day scenario, however, whilst that is accepted on one level, it is hugely important to see it as it was ethnographically.

Nothing to do with the way I want to spell it... Bahrayn was spelled like that by everyone including the great map masters..It represents the spelling in English of the arabic word for sea (Bahr)...two seas(Bahrayn) (The Duality) The accepted modern version being Bahrain.

Perhaps when you are considering the Al Ahsa weapons situation you might include the historical idea? Again without wanting to cloud the outcome it does seem possible that some trade influence both overland and by sea was prevalent in that region from Oman and that Muscat would have had a sizeable hand in the shipping trade link whilst Buraimi would have been the Camel train jump off point..

Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 26th May 2014 at 07:55 AM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote