View Single Post
Old 25th May 2014, 07:43 AM   #156
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Default Bahrayn.

Originally Posted by kahnjar1 I am somewhat confused in relation to your comment about "islands" in relation to Al Ahsa. As far as I can establish, Al Ahsa is the area of modern day Saudi Arabia against the Omani border, and nowhere near the sea. Maybe my geography is a little astray, but I don't think so......

Bahrayn.

By Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Prepare to have your geography straightened out ~ See the Bellin map of 18th C reknown...below.

It is vital to look carefully at the historical evidence.

This is a huge block of territory not solely the Bahrayn Archipelago but its mainland region. Wikepedia refers...viz;

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia;

Al-Ahsa, sometimes Al-Hasa, El Hasa, or Hadjar (Arabic: الأحساء‎ al-Aḥsāʾ, locally al-Ḥasāʾ; Turkish: Lahsa) is a traditional oasis region in eastern Saudi Arabia whose name is used by the Al-Ahsa Governorate, which makes up much of that country's Eastern Province. The oasis is located about 60 km inland from the Persian Gulf.

Al-Ahsa is part of the region known historically as Al-Bahrayn, which includes the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula down to the borders of Oman, and also includes the island of Awal (modern-day Bahrain).

It therefor transpires that your Al Hasa was in Bahrayn and further that may link it with the Muscat Khanjar style through trade... though I state again that careful study of the weapons from that rather grey area(Al Ahsa) in terms of known research may be required so as to pinpoint any links.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 25th May 2014 at 08:52 AM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote