Thread: Keris Bahari?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
Thank you.
What is the numerical difference in length ( analogous to katana/wakizashi) that differentiates Panjang from Bahari? I always thought that panjang's blade is at least ~50 cm, that's why I called mine bahari.

Would you hazard a guess about the age and value ( not monetary!) of it?

Hello Ariel,

here a thread with some interesting informations regarding panjang/bahari: http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...ghlight=bahari
When you look in up of your thread, post #1, you don't have given a length from your keris and I have given my statement only from my visual impression. In the above given thread I show in post # 40 a keris with a blade length from only 36 cm which I personally still would call panjang. You will see keris in this thread which are clearly bahari keris.

Keris panjang are not so many time on the market and sought after but the keris you have bought by ebay (I have had it in my watch list) wasn't sold fast and I think that the pictures and and the strange stem or batang was the reason (at least for me). I am still think that the batang is a later addition.

But all this is my personal impression and believe and there are other much more knowledge members like BluErf or Alam Shah who will be able to tell you much more exact opinions about your keris.

Best regards,

Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote