Thread: Afghan Pistol
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2015, 06:43 PM   #14
rickystl

"BUMP"
This being a fairly recent Thread, I thought I would bump this forward and add a new addition I just received this week. And this one is in percussion, with all the hallmarks of a Kyber made gun. All iron mounted. Missing it's nose cap, a couple of the white bone inlys, some stock damage, etc. The lock is complete and in working order, but the mainspring is a little weak. What looks like a stud for what once may have been a swivel ramrod, actually has a small piece of broken chain in it. And the hole looks too small for a pin for a swivel rod. Not sure. There are multiple marks of the same stamp on the breech and tang. Have no idea what it means. This gun looks like it's seen a lot of action. I do plan on having it restored, but keeping within the overall integrity of the piece. I'll post BEFORE and AFTER pictures at a later date.
This piece does fill a void in my collection. These Afghan pistols, even in Kyber type construction, seem hard to come by. So I'm happy to get it. Here are a few pics. Rick.
Attached Images

rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote