View Single Post
Old 30th July 2019, 10:13 PM   #8
Hombre

Thank you so very much for your inputs. I really appreciate it!
Yes, it is a coin placed between the hilt and blade. It looks like 25 centavos and the one they made between 1958-1967.
Are the metal bits actually silver? I really do not know…

When it comes to the scabbard I do not know what kind of wood it is yet but I can say that the wood is very dry.

I haven´t done anything yet when it comes to polish the metal parts….Got it yesterday….
Sounds like a good advice Detlef, to polish the blade and give it an etch with vinegar but shall I do that myself…. I do not think so…. My thumb is in the middle of my hand so to speak….
I want it to be properly done by someone who know what he is doing because I do not want to destroy anything….

Have seen it so many times when it comes to old Winchester lever guns…. Guys who thought the knew what they were doing…. Sure! I believe more in Harry Callahans: “A man´s got to know his limitations”.

Again, thank you so very much for your inputs… It is amazing how much knowledge you can find here in this forum.

I am so very happy for my Moro Kris and as my first one I didn´t do so bad, I think.

Best,
Stefan
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote