View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2023, 01:50 PM   #11
Teisani

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdaniec666 View Post
Teisani,
I regret not having the time in the moment to dive in a extended discussion about our topic here with you but I follow your posts with great interest.
No worries awdaniec666. For now, I will try to compile sabres/depictions of sabres that can be reliably dated to the period of interest (eg Nikola Zrinski's sabre, which physically exists and of which there is also a period depiction).

Once all this compilation is done, the analysis/conversation of said data can begin. I'll post everything I have in the next week (not much, just what I could find online).

A few notes:

1 - The title is "Chronological listing of Polish-Lithuanian and Hungarian sabers"; however, I believe some Byzantine/Ottoman Empire sabres from the 1400s-1600s may be included for analysis as Central and Eastern Europe did not develop in a vacuum.

2 - I have some doubts that the sabre depicted here has a karabela hilt (first page your PDF). When you have time, could you please provide a higher quality picture, or tell me where was it taken? I just have doubts that the karabela hilt originated in the early 1500s.

3 - The picture of the Ferdinand II, Archduke of Austria sabre is really nice . When you have time, can you please provide it in a higher resolution on this thread?

Have a nice day and good luck with your exam!
Attached Images

Teisani is offline   Reply With Quote