View Single Post
Old 6th April 2016, 06:54 PM   #16
Miguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams Miguel, Oh yes I had forgotten that one of my references contained some rock crystal hilts as well as pictures of the Gebali weapon.

As you say we need to consider 45 years in your possession plus the other variables... Of course it is virtually impossible but the dagger has all of its history on show including the obvious rehilting and perhaps travel to India and the fact that the scabbard silver has a great patina indicating age...but how much? Yemen influence through trade and migration to India etc is well documented and you will find Yemeni influence in the great spices plantations and in centres like Hyderabad. The age of the scabbard could be 100 years and you might be happy with that ... Who knows when it was re hilted as wear on the hilt is virtually impossible to determine?
Hilts like that are actually millions of years old!!...
A better answer could be... "Its old enough" !

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Hello Ibrahiim,

Thank you very much for your opinion it is very much appreciated, you knowledge on the subject of Omani in particular and Arab khanjars in general is awesome. I agree with your answer on age definitely "old enough".
Regards
Miguel
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote