View Single Post
Old 7th November 2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Jussi M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
But if i were to take this inquiry seriously i would want to know why such a blade would be create in the first place and what possible ceremonial purpose such a blade would serve.
Hello David,

Yes, it was a serious question. I have better things to do with my spare time for enjoyment than writing questions I expect not to be answered to in a keris forum.

Kerises were made of multiple materials suitable for use as weapons, yes, however I suspect that in those higher up levels of the hierarchical structures of days past those that had the necessary means for funding such a keris (made of gold) had less usage for its actual physical (piercing) weapons attribute compared to those more in line within the lines of magical, ceremonial, symbolical what´ll have you, less mechanical.

If more Kinatah is seen as merrier would not the whole thing made of gold be, well, "more"? Keris had jumped from one material to another. Why would a third jump be off limits then? - This is what I am asking and if the answer is no as in no, keris could not had been made of gold I´d like to know why not. If the answer is because only **** had the **** attributes etc please just say so. - If I´d know the answer already I´d not use my time herein asking questions which answers I already know.

I´f my question(s) is out of whack just say so.

Thanks,

J.
Jussi M. is offline   Reply With Quote