View Single Post
Old 19th November 2013, 05:39 AM   #6
shadejoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I do remember someone once remarking that palace Mpus used left over meteoric pamor material to make commissions for people outside the court. Perhaps you heard this story from the same person. I cannot confirm OR deny that claim and would be curious to know how you can confirm it yourself.

Thank you for your honest review Dave.

Actually I found that statement through the thread that you forwarded to me. But for the life of me, I couldn't find the posting.

One thing to clarify though is that I take interest in Keris not because of its mysticism or animism. I say more power to you if your Keris could fly, but I truly admire the significance behind the Keris, the wisdom behind it. It just fascinates me because it is more than just a weapon.

To compare, I can easily find a Smith & Wesson here in NEPA, actually, it's 10 minutes away from me. But a revolver only knows a purpose and gun owners here in the great US of A most likely don't give a hoot about gun's esoteric values. I find Keris to be on another plane, it just doesn't leave things for granted. So truly to me, it's not about if it's made of meteorite or not, per se, but more of what values, messages, wishes that are embodied in one Keris. Definitely more interested in the why than in what.

But hey, I'm no hypocrite, I wish all my Kerises had meteorite on them

Allan,

I contacted Empu Jiwo a couple of months ago to discuss a possibility of making an heirloom. But god knows why, my contact in Indonesia, who is a seller that I (try) to keep a good relationship with, was very skeptical of him and hesitant to mediate us. So now I deal with Empu Jiwo personally, I blindly put my trust in him. It takes about 7 months to complete. Yes, I would consider him elderly.

Allan, would you mind share with us your meteorite Kamardikan Keris?
shadejoy is offline   Reply With Quote