View Single Post
Old 30th November 2009, 08:04 PM   #8
David
Keris forum moderator

That is indeed a nice keris board Sirek and the carving of hilt and sheath appears nice.
I think the idea that everything is possible these days in the keris world might have some truth to it, but for many the idea that anything goes is not always so valid. In other worlds many collectors are still seeking keris that maintain a certain amount of integrity and adhere to the parameters of what a "real" keris is and are seeking keris that fall into one of the established "pakems" even if they are newly made contemporary blades. New invention in the keris world is not particularly well received by the collectoring community, sometimes, IMO, for good reason.
What i think the makers of your keris were doing was to provide a post-forging short-cut to the effect of pamor Udan Mas (golden rain). I have attached an image of what this might look like when actually done as a pamor pattern. This is not nearly the best example of this pamor's execution, just the most representational example i could find on the web at short notice to show you what this design looks like as a pamor pattern.
Attached Images

David is offline   Reply With Quote