View Single Post
Old 27th March 2005, 04:56 PM   #18
Andrew

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannis
There is a rule in this forum. We don’t discuss open auctions. I believe it is a fair rule so this forum will stay away of sellers intentions and bidders believes. We all learn here and I personally don’t like to read promotions or lies on a blade for financial reasons.

No matter if this rule is good or bad, it gives to all of us the same status against Ebay auctions. A lot of times, before I bid, I wished I had the opinions of some experts we have here but I didn’t ever think to brake the rule.

In this situation someone wanted the advantage against other bidders. He knew that it is not allowed to discuss open auctions, so he tried a “window” of the rule. I am not a lawyer to say if this is rule breaking or not. But I don’t find it gentlemanlike.
I have no idea what erlikan's intent was in posting those photos, and I doubt you do either, Yannis. Further, I submit that leveling accusations at erlikan about his intent is not "gentlemanlike", either, particularly in light of his immediate action to remove the offending photos and contrite apology.

I can assure you erlikan was not in violation of any current rule or policy of this forum.

Unfortunately, I cannot assure you those rules will remain the same in the wake of this thread.