Thread: Old Luzon Kris
View Single Post
Old 1st June 2015, 04:39 AM   #18
Robert
EAAF Staff

Hello Ian, I happy to see this thread brought back into the light of day again. If I remember correctly the sword you posted is not only one of the best examples of this style that I have ever seen, but is also unusual in the way the blade was sharpened. If memory serves me correctly this piece is quite unique in that the blade is single edged with only the lower edge being sharpened. All of the other examples that I have in my personal collection (swords and daggers) as well as all the others I have ever seen photos of or personally handled have always had both edges of their blades sharpened. I have alway regretted not having the funds to purchase this with for my own collection the one time that it was being offered for sale.

Jose, Thank you very much for the new information concerning a colony of Moros living in Ilocos. Being that this is something I have never heard of until now do you by chance have any other information on where exactly they were located or possibly the time frame of when they lived there?

Best,
Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote