View Single Post
Old 25th August 2017, 01:29 PM   #31
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I think it is highly probable that the alternate keris sajen as in #'s 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, were forged from recycled old keris blades. Further, I believe that recycled old keris blades were sometimes used in the manufacture of certain other talismanic keris, those with the handle forge welded to the base of the blade. Whether this was done simply as a use of recycled material, whether to preserve a valued blade, whether to save costs, or for all these reasons, we have no way of knowing.

Apart from those items of wesi aji that are positively identifiable as keris sajen, a number of other items of talismanic wesi aji are also shown here. Some are keris-like, with the handle in a different plane to the blade, one is of cunderik form.

I regret that I am unable to provide more information on these talismanic objects, however, I am open to questions or discussion in respect of them."

This link will take you to photos of keris sajen in my site:-

http://www.kerisattosanaji.com/kerissajen.html
Thanks Alan. Having been to your linked page above many times i was well aware that you didn't have much solid information to add to a discussion keris sajen in general, though i thought you might have some comments on some of Kulino's individual pieces. While what you have copied from your website above solves no riddles and answers few questions it does present a platform from which some further discussion might take place. You have said what can be said with assurity, but perhaps it can inspire some thought and further researching.Though the link to your page had already been presented i don't assume that everybody noticed or followed the link to it and i like having your words from that page here for our own archival purposes. I would not have assumed to copy and paste them myself so thank you for added them here.
I should note, just to avoid any possible confusion, that the keris sajen you are specially referring to in the quoted part above in this post refer directly to the keris sajen on your page, not the ones Kulino has uploaded.
David is offline   Reply With Quote