View Single Post
Old 6th January 2018, 01:37 PM   #7
Lee
EAAF Staff

Default There is still hope

In selling and shipping a few hundred items for Lew's estate, I have had just two fall off tracking. Both were international and came back to my porch unexpectedly, one after a full year and the other just after two months. Another item got misdirected at an airport in the Netherlands and sent to Brazil where it sat in Customs about a month before the fact that it was addressed to Israel was noticed and it was successfully put back on course.

If the auction house's packers got the address correct or placed a legible return address on the package it should find its way back or forward in due course. (I always include a slip with both addresses inside as well.)

PayPal and credit cards will usually give you up to about 6 months to file an 'item not received' claim and will very likely find in your favor if there is no tracking showing delivery. So patience is appropriate at the moment. If you paid by bank transfer, then you are probably at the mercy of the auction house's policies. Good luck at having your items in good order and fairly soon.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote