Thread: Neka
View Single Post
Old 4th April 2008, 02:03 AM   #14
ganjawulung

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Thank you both, Marco and Ganja, for this great additional information. I am glad to hear that this exhibition is permanent, because i know that i will make my way to Bali someday!
That keris pejetan has me drooling a bit....as does the singa barong...
Yes David, you ought to go to Bali someday to see this marvelous exhibition. This paintings collector, Suteja Neka said he also became fascinated by keris and began learning keris as much as he could when he watched keris making in Pura Penataran in September 2006. At that time, the Pura Penataran Pande Peliatan blacksmith clan temple south of Ubud held a huge rededication ceremony. For this, its members had a new Balinese keris made. During a ritual forging of the blade in June, men took turns hammering the red-hot metal at the home of the temple's priest. Suteja Neka -- the senior person of the Pura -- overseeing the ceremonies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Well done Pak Ganja!

Thank you!

Is this exhibition permanent, or does it close on 22 August? I thought I read somewhere that it only ran until 22 August.
According to Mr Neka, this is a permanent exhibition. And he said, that he will enlarge and enlarge the museum in the future, and add all the time the number of keris collection.

GANJAWULUNG (April 4, 2008)
ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote