View Single Post
Old 17th January 2008, 11:17 AM   #12
Raden Usman Djogja

Yes, I agree with Dik Boedhi in "story is an added sugar".

Even, sometimes, we should separate between collecting/buying keris activities and collecting/listening keris legends.

Some respected people on keris world in my home town gave advise as i mentioned above and below:

When you can not separate between to learn about keris and to hear about keris, you will face situation that in Jawa terminology said as "KEBLONDROK". Keblondrok have deep intrinsic meaning amongst kerislovers in my hometown, roughly translation: "you pay much more expensive than you should when you buy a keris".

Nevertheless, you must do both: to learn and to hear... and if possible to come to the owner for asking if they allow you to see and to hold.

There is a believe. So up to you whether you will believe or not. Someday, you will get good quality of keris both in appearance and in spirit. WHY?

To whom which considering quality is the first priority. You will buy a keris only if the quality is excellent

To whom wich considering spirit aspect is the first priority. If you believe in it. So it is not upsetting you if there is a myth that "keris is also looking for his master"

Most of Keris Pusakas are now in good condition. Let you see in books regarding keris pusakas owned by Keraton and try to give opinions. You will end on the situation that "those keris have very very good quality on art and knowledge aspects. Or if you know some prominent leaders in business or in politics in Indonesia whom believe in spirit of keris and have an effort how to take care. Amongst hundred of their collection, there will be some which considered as pusakas.

Why are the most kerises "Pusaka class" still in good condition?

There is no exact and valid answer. But lets try to use "coro bodon" (coro = tool, bodo = stupid, bodon = ?). If talking about spirit. If it is believed keris has spirit, for example to protect. So, who will keris protect. First think first. Logically, the keris will firstly protect himself. So, if the keris cannot protect himself well how human as hismaster can believe that his keris can protect him?!

And... by believing in spirit, we will realize on hierarchy of spirits. The will be the sky above the sky. Unlimited untill our mind cannot analyze and jump to the point that the highest is called the Singularity.

The power of nature represents the nature of the Singularity. It should be the most powerfull element. So, even the most powerful keris can not win on the battle with NATURE. Some nature enemy of keris are stain and corrotion because part of keris elements is steel (Fe).

To protect from their natural enemies, Keris will try to find someone who can take care of him. After the keris can protect himself then the next turm is to protect his master.

All above is just a story... there is no scientific evidence.

regards,
OeS
Raden Usman Djogja is offline   Reply With Quote