View Single Post
Old 25th September 2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battara
Bill, beautiful piece. The blade is definitely a datu piece with all of the silver. The grip I do question, although it is possibley that it is original with all of the fittings sold off. Thank you for sharing. I'll bet the baka-baka was okired silver as well. Oh yeah, one other note, the hilt is on backwards.
Oops about the hilt. Just stuck it on for the pictures. Will reverse it. Was in a hurry.

BTW the light makes it look like silver, but the inlays are all a golden color.

The baca-baca that came with it is steel and has been here since the hilt was installed. Either the original owner fell on hard times and rehilted it a very long time ago, or he put all his money into getting the blade like he wanted it.

I like to think it was the last. As I understand it, these datu level pieces were very tailored to the customer from a smorgasboard of parts that then would be crafted into the finished piece.

Sometimes a customer could only afford some super high quality pieces. If it were up to me, I'd put my bucks in the blade.

Last edited by Bill Marsh; 25th September 2006 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spellig [sic]
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote