View Single Post
Old 9th May 2017, 10:51 AM   #27
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronckew
panabas abuse! surprised they didn't try to chop thru a springfield rifle barrel or two. after all, everybody knows that knives & swords are designed to cut thru plate armour and stay as sharp as a razor. chopping thru a few steel re-inforced concrete paving slabs would be another good test for them at FIF.

reminds me of the one where they shot a jacketed .45 acp at a katana-like object to 'test' it. failure if it didn't split the projectile without chipping. we all know katanas can cut thru a howitzer, so why not?

i'd like to see the bearded master of historically accurate swords test himself by catching a razor sharp sword stroke between his palms ala mythbusters.
I'm not sure i see the problem with this. They are not doing these tests on authentic antique weapons. They do them on the blades created by the contestants on the show to test their skills as smiths. These weapons are generally made quickly are are not generally great works of the smithing art. They have been created basically for entertainment purposes.
David is offline   Reply With Quote