Thread: What is it?
View Single Post
Old 15th September 2016, 06:30 PM   #9
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
Hi, I have had these for around 40 years and for most of that time they have languished in one of my storage boxes forgotten until I spotted this thread.
As I have already said I did not know what they were until I saw this thread, in fact I thought they may be points for arrows or darts, in those days I purchased anything that I considered unusual whether I knew what it was or not. Anyway as promised I have rooted them out and taken a couple of photos so you can see the spurs and carrying tubes. The spurs are, as you can see, in need of a good clean. The carrying tubes look like Bamboo. I think the two on their own are for Tourists but I am not sue of the other four. They certainly are not of the quality of the one shown in the thread but I trust they will prove of interest and would welcome any information you can provide about them such as place of origin, age whether Tourist or not etc. I forgot to mention that the spurs have both straight double edged blades and wavey ones.
Regards
Miguel
Hi Miguel,
since nobody else have respond I'll give it a try. I never have seen such Taji boxes in Indonesia what not mean that they are not Indonesian but I tend to think that they are not from Indonesia, keep in mind that cock fights are found in many countries. Here a little bit backround information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockfight
And yes, the tubes are from bamboo and agree with you that two look like tourist items. But the others are very nice and interesting ethnograhic items.

Regards,
Detlef