View Single Post
Old 24th November 2006, 10:25 PM   #20
Rivkin

I am not against loving one's country. However putting scythians, sarmatians, Svyatoslav and Attile into one cauldron has nothing to do with love. Concerning language - I understand ukranian well enough (I would guess that Ariel even speaks it. Or you speak belorrussian ?).
I am sorry if I was too harsh in my writings, but I had too much experience with RNE. The people decided that they don't want viking-ruled slavs obtaining their Kiev statehood in the second half of first millenium, they want "Arian" history stemming from scythians, Attila and god knows what, all put together. "Arian" boxing, "Russian" wrestling, "ancient slavic warrior" traditions. When asked how they know any of these authentic, they would blame jewish government for destroying any information about true "russian" fighting schools and refer to some gurus, who "inherited" this knowledge of ancient rus. How these guru "inherited" the knowledge and why there are no manuals ever printed until XXth century on all these super-historic stuff, these were the questions they never asked.
There are a lot of interesting things about cossacks and their warfare. There is a lot of interesting about ukranian history. But what fighting techiques unite Poddubny and Attila, remains a mistery to me.
Rivkin is offline   Reply With Quote