View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2005, 04:21 AM   #12
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

This year's seminar was magnificent! and it was great to finally meet so many members at last in person!!! It is always a pleasure I look forward to each year to see my good friends in our annual adventure, and especially to see our numbers growing.
I would like to thank Artzi and Avner for thier kindness and generosity as well as Lee for his part in hosting and organizing this wonderful event. Our annual dinner and seminar are steadily becoming increasingly important as not only enjoyable social gatherings, but as presentations of the incredible assessment of knowledge on the weaponry that continues to grow as the core of our forum.

I really enjoyed all of the presentations, and there was so much fascinating detail and exciting information that I couldn't take notes fast enough....besides I cant read my own writing even when written in the light, let alone dark!! I really enjoyed Kate Raphaels exciting discussion of excavating crusader sites!! Everybody elses presentations were good too, but gotta say you guys didnt look as good though!! Just kidding OK!!
It was great seeing Scott Rodell demonstrate fencing technique, incredibly impressive...I had never realized how much speed is involved in those movements.

Lee, I very much enjoyed your presentation on these distinctively marked
swords. I really had no idea of the number of these, I thought there were just a couple...and especially wanted to thank you for bringing your breathtaking example to share. As always, your very systematic research brought entirely new perspective and interest to this topic. Thank you!!

Really all of the presentations were outstanding, and I felt I was learning so much so fast....fascinating and well presented material by everyone!! Well done!!

Andrew, it was really great to meet you in person at last, and I really enjoyed talking with you and thanks for the lunch! It was fun with you, Ian, Gordon and Lee, and especially the sixth, special guest at the table!!

Rick, it was great to see you again...even if we didn't wave around a five foot sword in the parking lot this time!!

John, I'm really glad you're feelin' better and you're back to being your mild mannered self !! really, it was good to see ya!

This years was the best ever, and I can't wait till the next!! Thanks again to Artzi, Avner, Lee and all you guys that I got to see again and those who I finally got to meet in person and can put names and faces together!! It's really getting to be kind of a big family, and I really like that a lot.

All the best everybody, and thanks again!!!
Jim

Last edited by Jim McDougall; 22nd March 2005 at 04:32 AM.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote