View Single Post
Old 26th June 2019, 02:50 PM   #12
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Jean, the top photo in your examples I would place as Madura, the second photo I would hesitate to be definite about, it actually looks as if it has been remade/reshaped by somebody who was not a tukang wrongko, I would probably give this second wrongko as generic Jawa. The third (dark wood) wrongko I would give as East Jawa/Madura. The bottom one puzzles me a little, I'd probably give it as Madura, but I would need to handle it to be sure.
Just an observation and perhaps a literal "point of order" here.
It has been my experience that when we post images on this site they don't always appear in the same order on everyone's computer screen. For instance, when i look at Jean's post that Alan is discussing in the above quote, the timoho pelet wrongko is the third and last image to appear and the "dark wood" wrongko that Jean describes as West Jawa appears first. Fortunately Alan does refer to what he sees as the third image as the "dark wood" wrongko. Otherwise i would have been mislead by his assessment. I wanted to point this out so that everyone is aware of this issue when they post numerous keris in a single post.
David is offline   Reply With Quote