View Single Post
Old 24th December 2011, 12:24 PM   #8
AJ1356

The above mentioned languages is influenced by Arabic, as in Arabic or Arabic based letters are used. They are thier own individual languages and anyone familiar with them would not mistake one with another. For example Arabic has 28 letters Farsi has 32 letters Pashto has somewhere around 44 and Urdu falls somewhere between the 2. Now I read write and speak Farsi and Pashtu, with a little understanding of Arabic and much more of Urdu. The date converter is all dandy except I bet it is based on Lunar. On this side of the world we use Hijree Shamsi (Solar). As you know every 100 Lunar years equals to roughly 94 Solar years that is why ه ق is at 1433 while ه ش is at 1390 both have the same start date. I hope all this explains why I said what I said

The sword above has the blade from this type of sword, one can notice the stamped seal and also 13 for the first digits of the year. http://www.geocities.ws/ar0se/Arms/afghan/afghan.html
I still need better pictures to get to the bottom of the translation.

Addition after my correction above: I showed the pictures to someone else who thinks the sword is new not old.

Last edited by AJ1356; 24th December 2011 at 01:07 PM.
AJ1356 is offline   Reply With Quote