View Single Post
Old 21st March 2018, 05:53 AM   #9
Robert
EAAF Staff

Quote:
A sweet reward for diligence
Thank you Kino, but this I believe was just more of a case of being damned lucky as I was actually searching for something else when I found this.

Kai, I have been using a mixture of mink oil and a couple of other items for years now with the only undesirable side effect that I have noticed being that it darkens lighter colored leather. It helps soften old dry leather and waterproofs it as well. I got the recipe for mixing this from an old saddle maker years ago who used it on everything he made and have always just referred to it as mink oil. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Quote:
I want to add that this could have been made between the end of the Tejeros Convention 0f 1897 and the beginning of the ousting of the Spanish in 1899 based on the 3 stars and sun face but no triangle.
Because of the three circles arainged in a triangle being one of the earliest symbols used to designate rank by the Katipunan I believe that there is a very good possibility that this dagger predates the Tejeros Convention. Of course I could easily be wrong.

Best,
Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote