View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 07:43 PM   #8
wolviex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bowditch
The fuller runs right to the guard - could this be a cut-down and remounted kilij blade, perhaps one that broke in half?
It could be but also it is typical for many such weapons. Here is similiar one (picture below), thought a little better example.

Not judging about it's quality or authenticity, I would like to notice, that I held many strange weapons of weird constructions and many later alterations. In 19th century many collectors repaired their 'toys' in ways you could get creeps on your back thought these are real antique weapons too. Beside I'm starting to believe you're trying to prove that everything what was crude and poor couldn't exist and I'm sure (again writing this in a little separation to this ebay item) that our ancestors used many low qaulity weapons too. The truth is, that such weapons are great rarity, because were much often in use then better examples, and it was easier to damage them. Beside there had to be many bunglers in 17th century too.

IMHO I would be very careful with this one from ebay too, I don't like some of the features mentioned here already, thought without wielding it I would be careful with final judgement
Attached Images

wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote