View Single Post
Old 14th July 2014, 09:27 PM   #7
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue lander
Oriental Arms has a couple of these that they categorize as Omani as well.

It seems all of these Habaabi khanjars are larger than mine. The "toe" of the scabbard is also pointing slightly upwards on these whereas mine's almost horizontal. They all also have the small "shield" thing on the bottom ring and mine doesn't, although it could have fallen off.

Salaams blue lander, Yes a lot of people get these twisted up because they are so similar...Not all daggers are the same size and in this respect Habaabi can be quite small in some cases... and quite narrow in the body...compared with others. The small shield over the base ring is sometimes not present. Some variation also exists in the angle of tilt...I checked the website of Oriental Arms... Yes you are spot on and the offending weapon I looked at even has the flower insignia on the reverse...as well as the UUUUUUU design on the front and another give way is the floral decor on the crown(toe)...well spotted Sir !!
It may well be that they looked at Omanisilver dot com and took their cue from there...and their rendition being wrong perpetrated the error!

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote