View Single Post
Old 6th January 2013, 12:49 PM   #16
Martin Lubojacky

The metal part is real blade. Copper work reminds Central Afrika, thatīs true. On the other side, I was in Ethiopia several times from 1995 till 2012 and I lived there a few years. So as far as original items except of Ethiopian weapons and artefacts are concerned - I saw pieces from Sudan (e.g. kaskaras, daggers,their jabena types etc), from Yemen (jambias), Somalia (bilawas, small shields, headrest etc) relatively often. And of course from Eritrea (rare Kunama daggers, kaskaras, Rashida jewelery) in the museums or on the market in Addis. From Kenya only very, very seldom (just headrests) and never anything from the central Afrika (like DRC territory or CAR). It may be, that traffic connection from that territories to Addis was/ is rather complicated (?), or the bad secirity situation is against such movement, or there is no Ethiopian presence there.... I donīknow. This, of course, is not any proof, nevertheless it empirically decreases probability, that the big item like this spear comes from that region.
Regards,
Martin
Martin Lubojacky is offline   Reply With Quote