View Single Post
Old 17th June 2018, 11:41 PM   #8
ridho pulungan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Ridho, I'm not brave enough to jump in and declare that something in a picture on a screen is not old. By "old", I'm thinking in terms of pre-WWII.
But I will say this:- I have not seen, nor handled any keris that I knew to pre-date WWII that looked anything like any of these keris.
I began really looking at keris about 65 years ago, during that period I have handled literally thousands of keris, including many with genuine provenance that went back in some cases to pre-1700. No keris that I knew to pre-date WWII looked anything at all like any of these keris.
Thank you so much Alan.
But can i ask you more further Alan?
Are the ricikan or shape or maybe the ornament or curve of blade from these keris follow on tangguh/period that you know? i can sure you that in magnifician lens,the layer of all these keris are made from many layer of forged.
Base on your experties. Can you judged the date of some keris with the form of forging layer on its blade? Are that layer give any clue that the keris are come from certain tangguh?
I'm really curios about how to determine the tangguh not only from the shape of ricikan,but maybe from the path of forging layer of its blade.
Many thank Alan.
Best regards.
ridho pulungan is offline   Reply With Quote