View Single Post
Old 12th April 2018, 12:58 PM   #4
Robert
EAAF Staff

Hello Kai,
Thank you very much for your thoughts on this spear head and especially for the tips on the correct way of cleaning and preserving this piece. I have added two more photos, one showing the twisted end of the tang and the other showing the methuk (the round thingy at the base). These were the best that I could produce from the auction photos using the photo editor I have. I have always wanted one of these for my collection even though they are not Philippine in origin, (as the other 99% of it is) but every one that I found that I liked was always more than my limited funding would allow. Even though I have read about everything I could find on them here on the forum I still had no idea of how to tell an original from a tourist item, that is unless it was so poorly made that it was quite obvious it was never meant to be used for much more than a paperweight. I had seen this one listed and on a whim decided to use the "Best Offer" option and made a bid of 33% of the asking price wholly expecting the seller to either make a counter offer of a higher price or just ignore my offer completely. To my total amazement I instead received an invoice for payment. Apparently this piece was meant to be mine all along. Thank you again and I will contact Alan as you have suggested.

Best,
Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote