Thread: For comment #2
View Single Post
Old 26th March 2019, 12:45 PM   #11
Green

It's interesting to note that Mr Maisey is very reluctant to show the blade. I wonder why that is? would love to hear an honest explanation.

I'm from a keris culture in the state of Kelantan Malaysia. Admittedly I'm a relative novice in kerisology but in my area, there is only one major reason why people sometimes don't want to show their keris blades... it's is primarily because they feel rather reluctant because they fear people will not think their blade is of good enough quality. And keris people are very very sensitive to criticism of their keris, esp heirloom keris. Much like it is not good form to criticize the look of someone's babies.

But I don't feel Mr Maisey's reason is related to the quality of blades as we all know he is very very experienced and a recognized expert in keris, particularly Javanese kerises. So, pardon my rather basic question but would be happy to understand the reasons why. (I am not at all familiar with Indonesian keris culture so I may have missed something about 'showing the blades' )
Green is offline   Reply With Quote