View Single Post
Old 21st December 2018, 03:50 PM   #16
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
Hello Bill,

I assume you may have missed this paper from Alan during your forum abstinence; recommended reading for sure:
http://kerisattosanaji.com/INTERPRETATIONPAGE1.html

If this results in even more questions, I guess we can coax Alan into giving some more comments later...

Regards,
Kai
Thank you Kai, he sent me a copy. I just have not had time to read it. I am very busy winding up some year-end business. Been working at least 12 hours a day, and at the age of 75 (could you believe it?) I am slowing down. Will send you a private email when I can dash one off.

EDITED: I have taken a while to read the above paper. It is opening ideas and symbols that make sense with some of my understanding of the Hindu. And much better understanding of the keris.

He has spelt out many of the questions that seem to be repeated here. Simple answers that open new ideas and questions. I plan to reread this paper through several more times hoping for better understanding.

Anne and I have collected a variety of artifacts from various cultures. There is a clear understanding that none of the creators were making decorations, but important working tools to define the bridges between visible and invisible realms.

Beauty when we reach it in a visceral sense is a reflection of higher realms. Objects we see as beautiful are therefore because they are rooted in a rarefied (from our limited perspectives) atmospheres.

Following them, we can reach higher degrees of spirituality.

In one of the disciplines I have studied has physical signs, smells, sounds, vibrations, animals and objects where we can surround ourselves. Then go into a meditative state and gain a fingernail grip on an otherwise level we had not really imagined.

I have looked at a keris blade by a single candle and it sometimes seems alive and moving. Perhaps a Tree in a gentle breeze.

I am seeing a new depth in kerisology, the meaning of the blumbagan, the ron dha (om), the lingam and the yoni. The Tree of Life. Fascinating!

Last edited by Bill M; 21st December 2018 at 05:43 PM.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote