View Single Post
Old 17th May 2023, 08:34 PM   #44
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milandro View Post
well, as much as one may think that all the kris people of the world would roam these pages, I believe that there may be the slight chance that many more krises are out there than people are here.

Also, I cannot believe that only an handful of carvers and, all of a sudden, without any reason started to depict Rarung in their carvings, just in the last few years.

Since Emile van Veenendaal came across this hilt and made mention in his book , it may have been not contemporary but older at the time it was written.

So chances are that there are more out there and , my guess, that some of these may be even of some age

maybe not quite so surprisingly the thread is one of the most important sources on line concerning Raring ....
Thanks for posting another example. Again we have a very contemporary example. Hopefully you don't believe that the majority of us on this forum only haunt these "hallowed" halls. LOL! Personally i search out keris information wherever i can find it, keep a rather large (relatively) library of keris related books and moderator two other online keris groups. I've been on this search for information for 40 years now. Some here much longer. This does not, of course, mean that antique versions of this hilt do not exist. I just haven't seem them if they do. If we all keep searching perhaps one with some old provenance will turn up.
David is offline   Reply With Quote