View Single Post
Old 17th August 2015, 07:38 AM   #35
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
Thank you for your answer Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
You always answer in a nice language - and I like that.

I do not think that you are right, can you show me a single battle scene, where the fighters have the indexfinger curled around the quillon?

To me this will be the last post on this thread - and I wish all others to have a good discussion.

Jens

Salaams Jens Nordlunde, Thank you for your post; I went through an entire gallery of Indian fight scene paintings last night and I have to report no sightings whatsoever. I think, however, that I am looking in the wrong place as the paintings Moghul etc tend to be two dimensional at best...although beautifully done ....they do not show this phenomena. I think I need to be looking in a Fecht Bok equivalent in Indian arms (swordsmanship) if such an item exists...

Actually Im not fully in agreement about the master in the video since he looked like he knew his stuff...and a lot of these martial systems were passed down master to student and so on... I think the moves are genuine....

The practical fight technique of looped finger over guard seems to me to be a logical progression and whilst not in artworks of the period does turn up in photos as shown at thread...at least. I keep an open mind on this.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote