Thread: Indian axe
View Single Post
Old 29th August 2014, 07:08 PM   #18
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McDougall
I appreciate the response to at least this part of my post. As Andrew has noted, often attached images after time disappear from threads, and as I have indicated, the text included loses a great deal of its detail without images which are specified in the text.

These threads have actually become an archives of sorts for those who are interested in pursuing the history of these weapons, rather than simply admiring images of them, despite the fact that these photos are often pretty breathtaking.

Naturally I know the old adage, 'a picture is worth a thousand words' (probably why my posts are so long), but referenced detail and notes from resources is also important, and takes quite a bit of time which I gladly take as I want to add as much as I can to discussions.

Although some of the processes here might seem crude, we all take whatever effort is necessary to add as much as we can to the threads, which often come up on web search entries for researchers studying various forms.
Jim, actually "attached" images are stored on the forums server and will not be lost, "linked" images are what disappears. "In line attachments" is when you can actually see your attached images in your post when you edit it, you can write above and in between the images and actually move the images around, the images appear over each other in the order you want and you can change the order, they are still stored on the forums server, its just a much easier way to add descriptions etc. Some forums support this, this one does not I guess. Of course attaching images is the best way to keep the posts for future research.

Here is what it looks like.
Attached Images

estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote