Thread: Indian axe
View Single Post
Old 29th August 2014, 06:36 PM   #17
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by estcrh
Jim, I am not sure how to add text along with the images on this particular forum, there is no "inline" attachments feature that I can find. You or anyone else can follow this link for any of the images I posted along with what descriptions there are.

http://www.pinterest.com/worldantiqu...hnal-and-bhuj/
I appreciate the response to at least this part of my post. As Andrew has noted, often attached images after time disappear from threads, and as I have indicated, the text included loses a great deal of its detail without images which are specified in the text.

These threads have actually become an archives of sorts for those who are interested in pursuing the history of these weapons, rather than simply admiring images of them, despite the fact that these photos are often pretty breathtaking.

Naturally I know the old adage, 'a picture is worth a thousand words' (probably why my posts are so long), but referenced detail and notes from resources is also important, and takes quite a bit of time which I gladly take as I want to add as much as I can to discussions.

Although some of the processes here might seem crude, we all take whatever effort is necessary to add as much as we can to the threads, which often come up on web search entries for researchers studying various forms.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote