View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 08:06 PM   #25
Indianajones

Hi again,
Sajen; your blanket or may be skirt (depends on size) is I also think worn and used by the Ifugao, as it is derived from a quite large textile from the Ifugao, called a 'baya'ong'. These were worn by more wealthy as it can be chilly there. Included a pic of such large cloth. Though have to say yours has black color and the early 20th cent pieces are in indigo blue.
Kalinga (South-)use different ones with red n d.blue stripes and embroidered with yellow n red 'pyramids'.
Thanks for sharing your pieces; very nice!

Thanks for the additional pics Joe. Have scanned and attached the pic with the woman wearing this same type of hat as in your collection. This couple would certainly be a chief n wife and are from Gadang origins (neighbours of East n North-Kalingatribes). Area; south of Tabuk city, Abra prov.Luzon.
This pic is made just after 1900.
B.T.W your brass moro helmet am sure will also make quite some folks here a bit green of envy . . .he he he. Looks almost identical to the one in Kriegers Phil arms book I think?!?

New pics form my collection still to come Oaoaoh so sunny n hot at the moment here in Holland! Made a few but not all yet. And than got to resize them all!
Attached Images

Indianajones is offline   Reply With Quote