View Single Post
Old 4th July 2012, 02:13 PM   #42
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.alnakkas
Ibrahim, the info about the use of the 33/99 (commonly used in prayer beads) in moghul items seems interesting. Soon I might have a wootz tulwar with such dome design will share photos once its here.

Though 100th 'secret' name is untrue, no such a thing exist ;-) Qur'an suggests that there are other names than what is mentioned in the Qur'an but it could be 100, or 101 or 1000000 if you know what I mean.

(maybe something like that developed as folklore amongst south east asian muslims but that hardly counts as Islamic)

Salaams A.alnakkas Quite right in terms of the folk lore angle I agree but it is a story that exists of the name belonging to a camel (said to be Gods greatest gift) that is a secret... no one knows it... but "it is said that" the camel is descended from a djinn~ I would expect to see a lot more Talismanic inscriptions unwind as the continuing episode on Islamic swords unfolds. Anyway ~ the main part of the story is about the geometric relationship of the numbers 33 and 99 which is only a small part of the geometric pattern conundrum but important in this case as it could never appear on a sword of non Islamic linkage... In this case it must be Mughul.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote