View Single Post
Old 9th December 2004, 08:02 PM   #7
fearn

mmm-hmmm.

Well, I've got 20' of rope somewhere. Anyone want to help me build a yoyo big enough to hold it? If that works, we can put some sharp edges and studs on it...

Come on! Please, think this through! Start by putting 10' of line on a butterfly yoyo (they're more forgiving) and see if you can make the bloody thing work. I'd recommend going to an upstairs window and seeing if you can make it yo out the window. If you can, work up to 20'.

Once you can get a yoyo to go 20' and come back (round the world? Walking the dog? On flat ground? In a combat setting???), then you can add studs and edges. Remember, if the yoyo gets knocked to one side or isn't perfectly balanced, the edges rub against the rope.

And you have to catch the thing on the rebound, when it comes back to your hand about as fast as it left it.

And the studs and sharp edges have to be perfectly balanced, so that it will spin evenly and rewind.

This isn't to say that they're weren't weighted rope weapons, but this "battle yo" simply doesn't make sense.

F
fearn is offline   Reply With Quote