Thread: T.O.M.BA.K
View Single Post
Old 21st September 2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Raden Usman Djogja

Pak Alan and kerislovers,

I am afraid that I cannot provide images of methuk at 90 degrees and the length of the blade toward the point at this moment. I dont bring that tombak here. It is on the top of 3.25m landeyan walikukun (spear made from walikukun wood/tree) in my home in Jogja now. I will check whether there is other tombaks which are now here in Africa having the same type of methuk as I uploaded above.

Why do you think methuk is important for tombak, Pak Alan? as I saw, there were 2 types of methuk: iras ( unseparately with blade?/english please ) and ordinary (separately with blade). Sometimes the ordinary methuk was changed. So the kind of steel of blade was different from the kind of steel of methuk. Please try to watch carefuly the tiny image of tombak Kanjeng Kiai Ageng Plered in Yogyakarta Heritage book (page so and so, when it was cleaned personally by the Sultan HBX). I just had a curiosity that its methuk steel was different from its blade steel. So, please give enlightment of the importance of methuk based on your views. I got the story of the important of methuk/gonjo but from the spirit point of view. not quite important to be shared in this thread.

I feel there is chatoyant "gedhagan" in that pamor. Pak Alan, what kind of pamor motive do you think?

Does anyone know the grand pusakas' names (especially tombaks) of 4 castles in Jawa: Kasultanan, Kasunanan, Pakualaman and Mangkunegaran?

warm salam,

Usmen
Raden Usman Djogja is offline   Reply With Quote