View Single Post
Old 15th January 2007, 04:44 AM   #22
fenlander

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesS
I am not the only one that sees the irony of a Nazi sword on this forum....just a little piece of history from a political mentality that would have seen the populations and producers of the weapons most of us collect as 2nd or 3rd class citizens of the world, most marked as "sub-human", and many marked for eventual extermination. Sure the Nazis were not history's only "haters", but thay set a standard for it that has yet to be remotely equalled.

Is this really a door we want to open?

I would be more sympathetic if I thought there were no other venues for modern, even Nazi pieces, to be illustrated, explored and discussed, but there are, and I see nothing wrong with us having our own humble "corner" of the world wide web to explore something else.
I agree with your points that mass produced swords, perhaps should not be on this forum. But please can't you leave ethics out of it? There have been plenty of regimes as bad as the nazis. Ghenghis Khan wiped out and exterminated entire cities that did not surrender. The Japnanese did depraved things in Nanking on an unimaginable scale. Have you seen the news clips of the time ? Stalin did the same. Yes of course what the nazis did was disgusting and depraved but so where many other things from history. Should we ban everything from this forum based on, if that particlular regime or civilization was "evil"? If the weapon should not appear on here because it mass produced for example then yes that is a good point. But we certainly should not be banning weapons coming onto this forum because they came from a regime that was "evil". We are talking about swords and knives, these were mostly designed to do nasty things to other people. Lets keep this to swords and knives; not which weapons of which regimes and cultures are pollitically correct to discuss.
Next we will be banning discussion of satanic knives because Roman catholics find it offensive.
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote