View Single Post
Old 4th March 2013, 12:09 AM   #46
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Fallen brick is when the blumbangan is wider than it is tall.

Yes, I'd give this pamor as udan mas, but it is possible that the blade is very thin, if this is the case it is most likely a Tuban blade that started life as a wos wutah and was turned into udan mas to make it more saleable.

Tuban was trading port and blades came from all over to sell as trade items both to locals and for export, styles change a bit depending on when made, but because Tuban blades were good beefy blades in their original form, they were also the blade of choice for re-manufacture when that was being done.

100% original Tuban blades are now pretty scarce, and because of this they seem to have been elevated a bit in price, simply because of scarcity.
Now I understand! Yes, blumbangan is a little bit wider than it is tall, maybe 1,5 until 2 mm. The blade is still thick. I get this keris with a other handle but with this sarung in very poor condition and was very astonished when I have seen the blade new stained. The sarung was restored much later because it was also in a very very poor condition.
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote