View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2007, 05:40 PM   #15
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Hi, may i come in?

A little part missing in the first phrase:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebooter
The second line reads "Soy defensora de mi dueno, basta el _____ ______", " i am defender of my owner, (it's) enough that he______ ______".

Also i follow Chris on his "suffising" sugestion

The third line is " O le ____ __ Grava __ Labra" ....something like "it burdens working to him" ??? with a few words missing.
aka Freebooter
I wouldn't bet on this assumption before trying to decipher the rest of the words in this phrase. I don't think is an afirmative sentence, but an optional one, ilke either such or such. The "O" in the beginning could well mean "or".

As for the viper atribution, Chris, i have a varied perspective. In Spain, like in Portugal, there are three diferent terms ( maybe all over ). Cobra, used for generically mentionning the reptile (at least in Portugal) Serpiente=Serpente, used often in mystic situations, and Vibora, necessarily a poisonous snake.
Cobra is only atributed to the reptile, Serpente can be used to conotate an evil person, and Vibora to conotate a poisonous ( speech ) person.
So in the case of Navajas, i think the "Vibora" sense is that of a lethal snake = Cobra venenosa.
Forget if i am talking nonsense.
All the best

Last edited by fernando; 2nd November 2007 at 06:05 PM.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote