View Single Post
Old 12th December 2012, 05:14 PM   #13
VVV

Thanks David,

Graham's article is about the non-islamic origin of these signs, which of course is the reason that he is skipping the (Seven Seals) "of Solomon" in his article to make his point.
However, in the Islamic reference works which he quotes from (I have glanced through Winkler and read almost all of the other mentioned, three of them are even quoted above) these signs are described as the seven seals of Solomon. And if we can agree that the context is Islamic, and not Jewish or Babylonian, on this blunderbuss then this decides which culture that rules what they should be called. If the star (#1) would have been on a Jewish artifact I would have chosen to name it the shield of David, instead of the seal of Solomon etc...
I will read the article when I find time BUT what disturbs me is that there is nothing to find about where this article was published, and even on the author himself, on Google Scholar.
This implies that even if he may know what he talks about nobody else seems to have checked his article to confirm this is the case. So unfortunately for some reason he does not seem to have any credibility as a scholarly reference himself, in contrast to the references I have brought up (and also Graham is using).

Michael

Last edited by VVV; 12th December 2012 at 05:26 PM.
VVV is offline   Reply With Quote